January is renowned as a time for making New Years Resolutions – yet is it the best time to make changes in your life? Most Re-solutions made on the first of the month are broken by the tenth day. So how can you make sure you achieve your dreams?
Setting intention instead.
Hot Women Rock
I was recently invited by Pat Duckworth to take part in the menopause show ‘Hot Women Rock’ on Talk Radio NYC. Coach Anna Letitia Cook was also present and we had a fun three-way conversation bouncing around ideas.
Pat is the founder of Smarter Menopause. She is a women’s health strategist specialising in working with businesses and organisations committed to supporting women at menopause. Pat understands that when women receive appropriate support they work more efficiently and effectively.
The intention chat really begins around the 12-minute mark, before is interesting menopause in the news. You can listen here
For those of you who prefer to read rather than listen, scan below for the highlights of our conversation
- NO to resolutions and particularly not at the beginning of the year.
- Give up something you have never done in order that you will always succeed. It will build your confidence tremendously. For example, Elephant Hunting!
- Be strange, not normal. Find something that creates positivity and energising rather than problems and pressure.
- Have a New year swim in cold water!
- Think seasonally. Winter is a time of rest, seeds of dreams are underground. A perfect time to think and contemplate.
- Let your intentions grow with the seasons throughout the year.
- Intentions are higher energy than goal setting.
- Aligning intentions with values means you are more likely to succeed.
- Intentions allow space for magic, for the Universe to guide the way.
- Don’t be influenced by what other people think – find your own answers.
- Be open to following different paths on your intention journey.
- Focus on positive, forward in the future concepts, not the suffering from ‘the loss’.
- Find space to set your intentions and be open to synchronicity – use nature.
- You are on a journey of discovery and exploration, adapt, stay free and positive.
- Go deeper find contentment and relaxation, be the best you can be.
- Know thyself as you are today.
- Don’t set an intention if you don’t want to!
- Focus on what you do want not what you don’t want.
- Set three motivational words – put them on the fridge to keep you focused.
The intention conversation could have continued for at least another hour yet the program Hot Women Rock ended at this time. You can check out my 2020 article for eShe magazine for further concepts and ideas.
If any of the content above resonated with you and want to make changes this year, yet would like to have guidance or accountability, reach out, let’s chat and find a fit for you.